When the period for using a project grant has ended, research projects must submit final reports, financial and scientific. The deadline for the final report is normally four months after the last day of the project period.
The final report must be submitted electronically in the Foundation’s application system. This applies to all research projects regardless of the granting year.
Instructions for final reporting
Here follow instructions for financial and scientific final reporting of funds granted by the Foundation for Baltic and East European Studies.
The final reporting must be done through the Foundation’s application system.
- Log in to the application system. Next to the project application, there is an icon “Submit report”, press on it to start the final reporting.
- The application system retrieves information about project manager and project title. In the financial report, the project manager fills in the amounts granted. (In case of reductions in the project budget made by the Foundation without any specification, enter only the total amount granted in the box for “Total costs”). Operating costs include Investigation costs and Other costs.
- The project manager registers the amount spent on different budget items.
- The financial report form contains a special field where the project manager can make comments concerning the report. Here, the project manager can also comment on other circumstances in the project’s implementation which can be important for the Foundation to know.
- The final financial report must be signed by the project manager and the head of department in charge. A special form for these signatures is downloaded from the application system, signed and uploaded into the application system.
- The final financial report is controlled and approved by the Foundation’s Secretariat. Unused funds above 1 000 SEK must be returned to the Foundation.
- The financial report and comment will not be published on the website.
The final scientific report must be written in English. It will be published, without editing, on the Foundation’s website.
Use the Word template below, where the points to be reported are stated. The project manager then uploads the final scientific report in the application system in pdf format.
When you have submitted your final report in the application system, please notify email@example.com.
If a research project is at risk of being significantly delayed due to the Covid-19 outbreak and cannot be completed within the grant period, The Foundation may grant an extension to the grant availability period. An application for extension of the grant availability period must be submitted to the Foundation towards the end of the grant availability period. It must include an explanation on how the Covid-19 outbreak caused the delay and, as usual, a plan for how and when the project is intended to be completed.